5G Ventures signs memorandum of partnership with COSMOTE
As part of its initiatives to support and develop new generation digital services in Greece, 5G Ventures has signed a cooperation agreement with COSMOTE.
The purpose of the agreement is to formulate a framework for cooperation between 5G Ventures and COSMOTE and promote the use of 5G by businesses, using innovative applications and equipment.
In particular, the memorandum provides that:
- 5G Ventures and COSMOTE will cooperate to develop new or modify existing test networks in order to support technical trials and evaluate business models related to services and technologies developed by companies in which the Phaistos Investment Fund will invest.
- COSMOTE will provide substantial support to innovative businesses by making its network available to them. It will provide the necessary passive infrastructure (masts, pylons and related facilities), state-of-the-art technology, software and hardware, 5G and IoT applications, Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC), access network equipment and terminal devices for end-to-end testing, as well as the necessary personnel for the installation and operation of the infrastructure and equipment it will provide.
- Following an invitation from 5G Ventures, COSMOTE will be able to participate in the evaluation of specific technical or commercial characteristics of investment proposals submitted to 5G Ventures for funding by Phaistos.
- Both parties will exchange knowledge on issues related to technology, science and best practices for innovation and ecosystem development for start-ups.
- 5G Ventures and COSMOTE will cooperate to jointly organize seminars, workshops and informative events.
By partnering with COSMOTE, 5G Ventures further strengthens the framework for supporting innovation and the development of sustainable next-generation digital products and services in our country.