5G Ventures announces partnership agreement with “Demokritos”
5G Ventures signed a memorandum of partnership with the National Centre of Scientific Research “Demokritos”. The agreement is part of the strategy for the development of an ecosystem that will support the development of new generation digital services in Greece.
According to the agreement, companies hosted at the “Lefkippos” Technology Park and spinoffs of “Demokritos” could be examined by 5G Ventures for a potential investment through Phaistos Investment Fund.
NCSR “Demokritos” will contribute, as part of incubation and acceleration programmes, in supporting businesses where Phaistos has invested, offering on a case-by-case basis:
- Access to the pilot 5G Standalone and Non-Standalone networks (5GENESIS and EVOLVED-5G) developed by NCSR “Demokritos”
- Development, in cooperation with 5G Ventures, of testbeds for testing applications, services and technologies developed by Phaistos’ investees
- Access to libraries, electronic knowledge bases, and excellence & innovation centres such as the Digital Innovation Hub and the Technology Parks of NCSR “Demokritos”
5G Ventures and NCSR “Demokritos” will exchange information about technology & science, best practices on innovation -emphasising on open innovation models-, issues connected with the development of ecosystems, and promoting entrepreneurship.
The agreement also includes:
- Provision of guidance and mentoring to enterprises
- Organising seminars and workshops by 5G Ventures staff or Phaistos’ investees, for the staff of the NCSR “Demokritos”
- Organising lectures by the scientific personnel of the NCSR “Demokritos” in seminar and workshops organised by 5G Ventures, where undergraduate and postgraduate students can attend. The lectures will focus on subjects such as entrepreneurship, investments, technology utilisation, product and service development, marketing, and sales.
- Promotion partnerships with enterprises, the NCSR “Demokritos”, and the industry
- Networking companies where Phaistos has invested in, with scientific partners of the NCSR “Demokritos” and developing and supporting Research & Development centres of the particular enterprises.
- Networking with venture capital funds and private investors.